the Fairgame Archive

2010-01-08: RPGirl Zine PDF
by Emily

Hello & Happy New Year!

At long last, the RPG = Role Playing Girl 2009 zine is available in pdf. You can order it at the RPGirl Zine website:

http://rpgirl-zine.blogspot.com/

The zine has an article by Meg on running Storming the Wizard's Tower for kids at her son's school, and reflections on the girls in the group, an article by Jenni Sands Dowsett about playing cross-gender, and a trio of articles about the experience of being women in the role playing game industry by Jen Seiden Schoonover, Charlotte Law, and me!

The zine also has bio and publication information on 25 women in the table top rpg field: artists, writers, independent publishers, editor and more. And a long section of resource listings about projects by and for women online, in publication, events and so on. And listings for folks with game related skills available for you to work with on your project.

This was a labor of love, and I look forward to seeing what more happens under the RPGirl banner. There is a lot of interest in doing another zine in 2010. I'd love to see a real international collection of articles! Drop us a line if you are interested in getting involved.

Back to ToC