the Fairgame Archive

2008-06-27: JiffyPix
by Emily

We had some fun at JiffyCon. :)

More here.

Thanks to Jule Anne for the pictures!

2008-06-27 10:44:22 Christoph

Neat! Looks like you all had a great time! Plus, kids! I'd love to know how that Shock: game went, for example!

2008-06-27 21:14:17 Emily

Hi Christoph! I hear the game went well. Joshua ran it. J?

Eppy and I ran a game of the Bullwinkle and Rocky Role Playing Party Game for one adult (hi Tom!) and three kids, Cripin, Elliot and Lillith.  The kids had fun trying to cure Bullwinkle from hiccuping the formula to the "Hush-a-boom", a silent bomb that Boris and Natasha were trying to steal. Lillith was dying to play again afterwards.  Don Corcoran's Mouseguard board game was a big hit as well. The kids spent half the afternoon session doing a Mousguard inspired pretend.

And the Playstorming was tremendous!

2008-06-30 17:00:09 Joshua

There were two simultaneous games of Shock: going on. Mine had the specification of running with Seb, who's my godson, and both tables used his suggested Shock of "Lycanthropy". Ther other players at my table were JimB and Jule Ann, and we told a story about Overconsumption, Perpetual War, and Centralized Government. Seb was in high imagination mode, which was great. It was a nice combination of silly and sinister. A little like a Ray Bradbury story, actually.

The other table was Thor, Terry, Rachel Walton, and... crap, I can't remember the other person! Sorry! Thor seemed to have been moved by the story, but we didn't really have time to debrief afterward. He plays the game much more personally than I do, and I think he's found a different way of using it than I have. I'd like to play with him sometime and figure out what he's doing, cuz it's pretty neat.

Back to ToC