the Fairgame Archive

2007-11-05: Reality check
by Emily

From the Iraq Coalition Casualties site:

Coalition Casualties by Location over time.

Check the place names box.

Watch Baghdad and Fallujah esp. during late '06-early '07.

2007-11-05 17:48:54 Meguey

Wow.

2007-11-06 01:26:02 Emily

And that is just military, not civilian, casualties.

2007-11-06 14:35:25 Meguey

Here's another scary thing for your morning.

The war in Iraq is too costly to continue

2007-11-09 20:08:04 Ron Edwards

A study published in the British journal, The Lancet, in October 2004, estimated over 100,000 Iraqi deaths at that time, dating from the American invasion.

An updated and more extensive study, using the same techniques, published in the same journal, in October 2006. It estimated a range of Iraqi deaths to date, with the most likely value at about 655,000. That was actually the low end of the range resulting from their techniques.

The techniques in question have shown themselves to be extremely reliable when subjected to independent corroboration in other war theaters.

You can read about the study and all sorts of details about it here:

http://www.iraqanalysis.org/mortality/

Current refugees in Iraq itself are thought to be about 2.5 million. Refugees who've fled Iraq are thought to be about 1.5 million. (I hope I didn't reverse those ...)

U.S. military reports tend to leave out those killed due to air strikes, for some reason, and those killed by contractors such as Blackwater.

No weapons of mass destruction have been found, nor has any evidence or even implication that they were there been found.

The U.S. and British governments of 2001-2003 are guilty of an atrocity, and so are all the people of those nations, who permitted these acts to occur without making use of the existing, governmental means to prevent them. I think it really is that simple.

Nor is this story over.

If you'd like to see one of the main candidates for the upcoming U.S. presidential race give his opinion of the next logical move, click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

Please note the applause and laughter.

Last week, U.S. citizens were polled to show 52% approval of military action against Iran.

Best, Ron

2007-11-12 00:07:51 Emily

We are plain insane.

Back to ToC